Sunday, February 1, 2009

What a day for a ride

I wanted a good and hard ride today. I left just before 1pm to see if Tim and his cronies were riding the snow covered atv trails yet. I figured to get a good work out in so I rode the Lemond 'cross disc with 35c Kenda Kwicks, they weren't there so I did a short loop before heading north to see if the roadies were coming out to play. They didn't, probably sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for the stupor bowl.

I called Tim, he wasn't even ready yet so I rode down the tracks and did 2 loops of the atv trail and some other stuff before deciding to call it a day. Here comes the gringos now, about 1.5 hours late!

At one point Joe and I had a drag race going with him on his 29r as we cranked through a whooped out section of the rail bed making it up to around 15mph before I backed down with the 35c's slicing and cutting all over the place and I didn't want to fall on that nice cold hard steel rail we were following. Do you know what you get when you cross a creek and a stream? Wet feet! The creek crossing was ok and I only soaked one foot.

I called it quits shortly afterwards and headed home. The 'cross bike was one tough workout in the 3" of wet slop. My arms are mush from fighting the bars and my legs are toast and I keep falling asleep typing this...

No comments:

Post a Comment